On 25th July 2023, the Telangana government introduced the Telangana Minority 1 Lakh Scheme, aiming to provide 100% subsidized financial support of Rupees 1 lakh to eligible members of minority communities. This significant step is taken to empower minorities economically, similar to the assistance provided to lower classes. Let’s explore the detailed information about the TSMFC Minority 1 Lac Scheme, including its highlights, features, benefits, eligibility criteria, necessary guidelines, and the application process.
Highlights of Telangana Minority 1 Lakh Scheme 2023
- Name: Telangana Minority 1 Lakh Scheme
- Initiated by: Government of Telangana
- State: Telangana
- Beneficiaries: Minority communities in Telangana
- Official Website: Not Yet Launched
- Similar Scheme: Telangana BC 1 Lakh Scheme
Features & Benefits of Telangana Minority 1 Lakh Scheme
Focused on Poverty Elimination: Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao emphasized that the government is dedicated to eradicating poverty across all sections of society, regardless of caste or religion.
- Prompt Assistance: The administration has already begun providing aid to deserving groups within the minority communities.
- Commitment to Welfare: The Chief Minister reaffirmed the state’s commitment to the welfare and development of all minority populations.
- Reducing Backwardness: Through various programs in employment and education, the government is striving to reduce poverty and backwardness among minority communities.
Eligibility Criteria for Telangana Minority 1 Lakh Scheme
To apply for the Telangana Minority 1 Lakh Scheme, applicants must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Christian applicants need to submit new applications to be considered for financial aid from the Telangana State Christian Minorities Finance Corporation.
- Only one family member from each family will receive the grant.
- The age of candidates should be between 21 and 55 years as of 2nd June 2023.
- For rural areas, the applicant’s yearly income must not exceed Rs. 1,50,000, and for urban areas, it must not exceed Rs. 2 lakh.
Necessary Guidelines for Telangana Minority 1 Lakh Scheme
The Telangana government issued a Government Order (G.O.) providing essential guidelines for the minority economic assistance program, including the following points:
- Applications submitted through the Online Beneficiary Management and Monitoring System (OBMMS) portal during the fiscal year 2022–23 but still pending will be considered for the current fiscal year 2023–24 by Telangana State Minorities Finance Corporation (TSMFC).
- New applications from Christians seeking financial help of Rs. 1 lakh each through 100% direct subsidy by TSMFC should be requested.
- District Level Monitoring Committee/District Level Screening Committee, chaired by the District Collector, will oversee the selection process.
- The subsidy will be provided as a one-time grant, and the selection list will be made available on the TSMFC website in phases.
Application Process for Telangana Minority 1 Lakh Scheme 2023
The Government of Telangana has recently launched the Telangana Minority 1 Lakh Scheme. While the official website is yet to be published, it will be made available soon. We will keep this post updated with the latest information on the scheme as soon as it is released.
With the Telangana Minority 1 Lakh Scheme, the state government is committed to uplifting minority communities and supporting their economic independence. Stay tuned for further updates on the scheme’s application process.