On Friday, 23 July 2023, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee proudly announced the launch of a new guaranteed employment program “Khela Hobe Yojana” in Bengal. The initiative comes in response to the suspension of MGNREGS funding for the state. Earlier, Bengal ensured that NREGS job card holders got 26 working days, and now it is being increased to 30 working days. Let us look into the details of the Khela Hobe scheme including its highlights, features, benefits and application procedures.
Key Features of Khela Hobe Yojana 2023
- Name: Khela Hobe Yojana
- Launched By: Government of Bengal
- Introduction: Chief Minister of Bengal Mamata Banerjee
- State: West Bengal
- Objective: To provide employment to NREGS job card holders
Features and Benefits of Khela Hobe Scheme
- Providing employment: The government will implement the Khela Hobe scheme to provide job opportunities to 100 day job card holders.
- Focus on rural employment: Recognizing the challenges faced by villagers without the 100-day job programme, the Chief Minister is committed to generate employment for the rural population.
- Rural Housing Programme: The state government’s rural housing programme, Banglar Bari, will now extend its benefits to 11 lakh beneficiaries who have not received payments under the central programme.
- Strong Social Safety Net: The Bengal government takes pride in providing 67 social welfare schemes, creating a strong social safety net for its citizens, which the BJP is envious of.
- Poverty reduction: According to the NITI Aayog survey, Bengal has successfully reduced poverty by 11% in the last year and 26% in the last ten years.
The Process to Apply for Khela Hobe Scheme
At present, the Government of Bengal has launched the Khela Hobe Scheme, but the official website is not yet published. Rest assured, the government will provide an update on the plan shortly. We’ll keep you posted and update this post when we have the latest information on how to apply.
The Khela Hobe scheme is a much-needed step to support the NREGS job card holders in Bengal amid the central government’s funding suspension. With this new initiative, the state is committed to create more employment opportunities and strengthen its social welfare programs for the betterment of its citizens. Stay tuned with us for more updates on Khela Hobe scheme.